- 4 kg of cucumbers
- ½ kg of sugar
- 1 l of vinegar (9 degrees white wine or red wine)
- 1 l apa
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 2 carrots
- 2 onions
- 1 large horseradish
- 1 carrot
- A few cloves of garlic
- Mustard seeds
- Bay leaves
- Dried dill
Preparation time: less than 60 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Sweet and sour cucumber jar:
Put the vinegar, water, salt, sugar and spices in a saucepan. When it has boiled, put the cucumbers to soften well for a few minutes or if you want you can cut a lid on the tail so that the marinade penetrates inside them and you don't wake up that they remain dry. When they have changed color, remove them and leave them to cool. Cut the carrot and horseradish into beautiful shapes and onion scales or rounds. Put some of the horseradish in well-washed and sterilized jars. Then place the cucumbers on top, including the onion, carrot, and garlic. On top we add the rest of the horseradish. I put in a few jars and a little cauliflower left in the fridge. Place the jars on the knife blade and pour the hot liquid. Screw the lids on and put them to bed until the next day.
Sweet and sour Bulgarian cucumbers
You may also be interested in:
Appreciated recipes for homemade cucumber in vinegar
To have a varied menu, do not hesitate to eat as many vegetables daily! Learn to cook vegetables in a tasty way with the help of recipes that we have chosen especially for you to take advantage of the benefits brought by vegetables to our body. Cucumbers in vinegar with peppercorns and mustard seeds Cucumbers in […]
Cucumbers in vinegar
Cucumbers in vinegar from: cucumbers, sea salt, pickle vinegar, dill. Ingredients: cucumber sea salt vinegar for pickled dill Preparation: Cut 1 kq of small cucumbers into its round sticks. Put them in a large bowl with 85g of coarse sea salt, cover and leave overnight. Drain the brine, then rinse […]
Recipe of the day: Pickled cucumbers with apple cider vinegar
Pickled cucumbers with apple cider vinegar from: cucumbers, apple cider vinegar, water, onion, cayenne pepper, dill seeds, dried dill, celery seeds, salt. Ingredients: 1 kg cucumber, cut into quarters apple cider vinegar water 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped onion 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper 1/2 teaspoon dill seeds 1/2 teaspoon dried dill 1/4 teaspoon […]
I'm sure everyone tasted the famous Bulgarian cucumbers, the ones we would eat plain and drink and the juice from the jar, they are so good! Sweet and sour and aromatic, perfect with a steak, wonderful in salads with mayonnaise, the finest pickle in my humble opinion!
My mom used to put pickles every year, with brine or vinegar and of course there were cucumbers. He would put them in brine or vinegar and open the first jar when I made the first beef salad. However, I only ate Bulgarian cucumbers bought from the store until I ate them made by my mother-in-law (then only "future"). I was pleasantly surprised and impressed to find the taste of cucumbers in the store, in a homemade dish. Now I am amused by chance, because he taught me a long time ago to prepare them and I do it successfully, year after year & # 8230 or at two years, if I put too many. It's nothing complicated, you just need a little attention to the ingredients and how to prepare it. We make them in industrial quantities, but I try to reduce them to a minimum so that you understand the essence of the recipe.
ingredients: (for 6 800ml jars)
3 kg of fresh cucumbers (from the prickly ones, carefully chosen to be as straight as the size, suitable as a length for 800ml jars)
1 bundle of dried dill sticks (including "hats" - inflorescence and seeds, necessarily)
3 small onions
18 cloves of garlic
6 teaspoons mustard berries
6 teaspoons pickle salt
18 teaspoons sugar
300ml 9 degree vinegar (we use Regal)
Method of preparation:
1. First, wash, drain and dry all jars and make sure they have good lids.
2. Wash the cucumbers well, drain them and sort them by size (in case you make a larger quantity).
3. Peel and wash the onion and garlic, then cut the onion into slices of the appropriate thickness, max.5mm).
4. Chop the dill sticks with a kitchen scissors, in pieces of approx. 5cm.
5. Make sure you have all the necessary ingredients and utensils on hand at the work table before you start "mounting" the cucumbers in jars.
6. First put on the bottom of the jars a few pieces of dill sticks and about 2-3 "hats" (ie flowers with seeds), if they are small, obviously.
7. Then put 3 onion rings (from the cephas I chose, make the rings with a diameter of 3-4 cm max.).
8. Add 2-3 cloves of garlic, if they are of normal size, and if they are perfectly large, cut them in half and count the pieces.
9. Now place the cucumbers in jars, so as to fill the space as well as possible. On top, if it remains empty, put thick slices cut from the crooked or larger cucumbers, the ones you left aside because they seemed inappropriate.
10. Pour into each jar a teaspoon of mustard seeds and stir the jar a little, so that the grains enter the cucumbers (although they will enter when you pour the liquid).
11. Put a grated teaspoon of pickle salt in jars over the cucumbers.
12. Add three teaspoons of sugar.
13. Now is the time to pour the vinegar and a little more attention is needed. For each 800 ml jar put 1 cm of vinegar on the bottom of the jar, no more! I could give you the quantity in milliliters, less than 40ml, but you will best measure it like that, in my eyes, believe me! Here the recipe usually spoils, by those who are tempted to put more vinegar & # 8230 the result will no longer be the same, but you will simply have sour cucumbers, not Bulgarian cucumbers.
14. Now fill the jars with water up to the top and then tighten the caps tightly.
15. Place the jars in a pot in which you can pour water over the lids, after placing on the bottom of the pot an older kitchen towel, or even some newspaper.
16. Put the pot with the jars on the right heat and watch carefully to catch the moment when the water starts to boil. From this moment, let it boil for about 5 minutes (possibly a little longer, depending on the amount you have prepared). Don't leave more! When the cucumbers have changed their color from dark green to that specific to pickles, turn off the heat and carefully remove the jars from the hot water! We just want to make sure that we have sterilized the jars and that they will keep in a cool place for three years, not to cook the cucumbers !!
17. Allow the jars to cool and drain on a kitchen towel and they are ready to take to the cellar. In two to three weeks I am ready to eat & # 8230 and I assure you that you will lick your fingers!
The recipe for crispy Bulgarian cucumbers. They are tasty and last up to 3 years
Bulgarian cucumbers are delicious, sweet and sour, the perfect sourness next to meat or vegetable dishes, such as beans, peas, chickpeas, lentils, soy.
They have few calories, a low glycemic index and contain carotene, folic acid and calcium.
Ingredients needed for Bulgarian cucumbers
To get a jar of Bulgarian cucumber, you need the following ingredients:
1 teaspoon coarse salt
Depending on the number of jars you want to get, multiply the quantities.
How to prepare Bulgarian cucumbers
First of all, wash the jars well and sterilize them in the oven, over low heat, for about 10 minutes. Extinguish the fire, but leave the jars inside for another 10-15 minutes.
Wash the cucumbers and cut the onion scales. Put in the jar the cucumbers, 5-6 onion scales, bay leaf, peppercorns and mustard. Sprinkle salt and sugar over the cucumbers. Put 70 ml of vinegar in the jar and fill the rest with water.
Put the lids on, check that the juice does not flow from the jar, shake each jar a little to dissolve the salt and sugar.
Boil them in a water bath for 20-30 minutes. The water in which it boils must reach close to the mouth of the jar. When the cucumbers have changed color, take out the jars and cover them with towels. Let them cool, then store them in the pantry.
* The content of this article is for information only and is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice. For a correct diagnosis, we recommend that you consult a specialist.
Canned and pickled
We all like sweets, desserts and especially cakes so every time we look to find a recipe for & hellip Read more… & rarr
What could you prepare as a dessert on a June weekend, something light but tasty and fragrant and & hellip Read more… & rarr
One of the simplest recipes with which you will make the best impression both in front of the guests and & hellip Read more… & rarr
Because it's strawberry season and from these you can prepare a multitude of recipes, I thought I'd make & hellip Read more… & rarr
Soft chocolate muffins inside - this recipe is not for diabetics! I don't want to upset anyone but & hellip Read more… & rarr
Sour sweet cucumbers - Recipes
Song for Heroes - Their Honor! Of the days with great historical significance: December 1, January 24, etc., do not forget to honor our heroes, those people who through.
Creative ideas crowned for Christmas Decorate your home as original as possible for Christmas. In this regard, we present some creative ideas for handmade Christmas wreaths. You have where you come from.
Essential oils and the fight against stress The use of essential oils helps a lot in the fight against stress and anxiety, as well as the relief of some pain. In fact, we are talking about aromatherapy and its use.
Baked lamb steak The Easter holiday is approaching, and a lamb-free meal doesn't seem to fit. Lamb steak is one of the special, delicious dishes prepared for Easter.
Bartolomeu Baiulescu man of heart and priest Priest Bartolomeu Baiulescu from Brasov is a great philanthropist, green Romanian and man of heart. He died on May 11, 1831.
Sleep and insomnia Biologists, neurophysiologists, psychiatrists try to fully decipher the secrets of sleep. At the same time, we are trying to find the best remedies for insomnia, because, as the statistics show.
Healthy food. Nutrients Nutrition is important for the health and balance of the body. Nutrition is a voluntary and conscious process, so educable. It depends on a free decision of the individual. Therefore, adherence to.
Great miracle Great miracle is shown at La Vitleem this time. Of angels and shepherds, Shepherds of sheep.
Sciatica and the effectiveness of complex therapy Sciatica, more correctly called sciatic neuralgia, because it is a condition due to congestion of fibers of the sciatic nerve, is, in terms of factors.
Indian Rat Locust Indian Rat Locust (Carausius morosus) is one of the approximately 2,000 species that make up the order Orthoptera.
Therapeutic effects of INDIGO color The color indigo corresponds to the forehead chakra. From a spiritual point of view, this color is considered the reflection of the Holy Spirit, facilitates meditation and helps to remove obsessions. Indigo color.
Taurus horoscope November 2017 Find out Taurus horoscope November 2017. Find out the astrological predictions for November 2017 for the Taurus sign: love, career and money, health.
Natural parks in Greece - protection or tourism? Mediterranean state, located in the southern extremity of the Balkan Peninsula, Greece is often characterized as a "mountainous and maritime country". Of course these two phrases.
Avatars, messages and statuses of Saint Andrew Saint Andrew was the first apostle, then spreading the word of God in the world. Let's make ourselves worthy too.
Cartoons with Mickey Mouse Christmas Part I.
Risk factors in the production of cardiovascular diseases II Another risk factor in the production of cardiovascular diseases and disorders about which the public is increasingly informed in the last.
Sweet and sour cucumbers
Cucumbers, salt, hot peppers, thyme, dill, water, vinegar, sugar, horseradish., Tip: you can cut cucumbers into pieces if they are larger (I picked them later than necessary), so i -I cut pieces, but they fit even better in the jar.
Difficulty: Average | Time: 45 min
Cucumbers are washed and cleaned of impurities.
Put cucumbers, carrot slices and 1-2 cloves of garlic in jars.
In each jar we put a bay leaf, peppercorns and mustard, 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of salt.
Put vinegar until the first stripe of the jar (see in the picture the red stripe). If you like it more sour, you can add more vinegar.
Fill the jar with water and put the lid on.
Put the jars to boil in a large pot of water. I prefer to boil them in a cast iron pot. Be careful not to touch the jars.
Boil the jars for about 20 minutes.
Allow to cool and store in the pantry.
Ingredients Cucumber in vinegar without preservative
- 1.2 kg. fresh cucumbers, as small and strong as possible
- 50 grams of coarse salt never
- 150 grams of sugar
- 250 ml. 9 degree vinegar
- 650 ml. the water
- 1 small horseradish root, peeled and cut into sticks lengthwise
- 50 grams of mustard seeds
- 30 black peppercorns
- dill sticks and seeds (2-3 sticks / jar and 1-2 dried flowers with whole seeds)
- 80 grams of onions
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 cherry leaves / jar
How to prepare cucumbers in vinegar without preservatives
Two words before we get to work
A brief introduction: the above quantities are sufficient for 3 jars of 720 ml each. If you want to make a larger amount of cucumbers in vinegar, increase all the ingredients proportionally.
The last three ingredients on the list above are optional and are mainly related to flavor. If you don't like onions at all, you can give it up. If you don't like garlic, it's also dispensable. Instead of cherry leaves (whose aroma I adore in pickles) you can use celery leaves. In addition to the above, you can add in the jars of cucumbers in vinegar hot peppers, slices or sticks of carrots, allspice berries, etc.
This time, instead of the usual onion, I used chives. I like to find it in the jar, it becomes sweet and sour and according to my very pleasant taste. You can also use regular onion rings.
Sterilization of jars
1. Any can begins with the sterilization of the containers in which the product is to be stored, as well as these cucumbers in vinegar. Therefore, wash the jars with warm water and dishwashing detergent. Rinse in a little water then place on a metal tray. Put the tray with the jars in the cold oven. Turn on the oven and set at 150 ° C. Maintain the temperature for 15 minutes, then turn off the oven, leaving the jars to cool there.
The lids are checked for deformation or rust. Ideally, you should use new covers, but they can be reused, provided they close tightly. Wash the lids thoroughly with warm water and detergent. Rinse and place in a bowl. Pour boiling water over them to cover them. Allow to cool in water then wipe with a perfectly clean kitchen towel and use.
2. Wash the cucumbers well in some cold water. I usually cut the cucumber stalks with a knife. Thus, our Bulgarian cucumbers will ripen faster and the marinade will penetrate them evenly. In the jars prepared as described in point 1, put at the bottom 1/2 tablespoon of mustard seeds, 10 peppercorns, cherry leaves, 1-2 dried dill flowers. Crush the cucumbers in jars as tightly as possible, interspersing horseradish sticks, onions, garlic, etc. It is fixed in a jar with two dill sticks placed on top, in a cross.
Filling jars and storing
3. Measure the water and put it on the fire with salt and sugar. Stir until the salt melts and bring to the boil. The vinegar is added and the hot juice is poured with the polish into the jars placed on a metal tray, whose role is to take over the thermal shock, preventing the glass from cracking. The juice must completely cover the contents of the jars. Immediately screw the prepared lids as described in point 1. Allow the jars to cool to room temperature and we can store our cucumbers in the cellar in vinegar.
It would be very useful to shake the cucumber jars in vinegar once a day for at least the first week, turning them upside down once, this will help to distribute the flavors evenly in the jars. It is kept perfectly over the winter, in a cool pantry, protected from direct sunlight, provided that the jars are tightly closed. You must keep in mind, however, that after opening a jar of these cucumbers in vinegar, keep it in the refrigerator, trying to consume it as soon as possible.
Method of preparation
Wash the fresh cucumbers that must be unpeeled and very strong, small and thin, then remove their heads and place 6 vertically in the jar and make the other 2 place on top.
Between them, when we place them, we arrange the dried sprigs of dill, peppercorns, mustard and coriander, hot pepper, pour the vinegar, add the sugar and salt, fill with cold water, then screw tightly, check by overturning the jar of a few times not to flow and mix the ingredients.
Place the jar next to the jar in a pan, higher than the jars and add water to the mouth of the jars, then sterilize them. Boil over low heat for 45 minutes from the first boil. They get off the fire.
Cover the pan with a blanket and let it cool at will, then go to the cellars. They stay pickled for 2 years, they remain the same in taste and color, they are sweet and sour, with a slightly spicy taste.