- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of pork
- Pork loin
Pork loin with a creamy sauce with mushrooms, white wine, ham and onions, baked over with cheese. It goes really well with with boiled potatoes and haricots verts.
46 people made this
- 500g pork loin (approximately 120 per person)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons flour, divided
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 50g ham, finely diced
- 250g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 40g butter
- 125ml white wine
- 125ml cream
- grated nutmeg to taste
- 200g Gouda cheese, grated
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:40min ›Ready in:50min
- If using a whole pork loin, cut into medallions. Rub with salt and pepper, dip in 2 tablespoons of the flour and tap off the excess.
- Heat butter in a frying pan and sauté pork medallions on each side for about 4 minutes. Set side by side on a baking tray and keep warm in the oven.
- Fry the onion, garlic and the ham in the dripping, then add the mushrooms. Add the white wine and bring everything to the boil.
- Combine cream with remaining 1 tablespoon flour and also pour into the pan. Cook 2 minutes, stirring. Season with nutmeg and salt.
- Pour the sauce over the pork and sprinkle the grated cheese over everything.
- Heat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4 and bake the pork medallions for about 25 minutes.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(11)
Reviews in English (5)
Easy to make, realy tasty,hearty meal,added a bit too much cheese which slighty overpowered the flavour of the pork but will definitly make again.-22 Jul 2011
This dish was easy to make-22 Jan 2012
this is one of the tastiest meals with pork I have made. It is so easy to make and very easy to adjust if you do not have all the ingredients-08 Feb 2016