We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
A spoonful of this sweet, earthy condiment perks up eggs, grain dishes, and simply prepared proteins.
- 2 red bell peppers (about 1 lb.)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon (or more) Aleppo pepper or ½ hot smoked Spanish paprika
- ½ teaspoon (or more) fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon pomegranate molasses or balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350°. Toast walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing occasionally, until fragrant and slightly darker, 8–10 minutes. Let cool; coarsely chop.
Heat broiler. Broil bell peppers on a broilerproof rimmed baking sheet, turning occasionally, until softened and skins are blackened in spots, 20–25 minutes. Transfer bell peppers to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let steam 15 minutes. Peel peppers, seed, and chop.
Toss bell peppers, garlic, mint, oil, Aleppo pepper, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, and walnuts in a small bowl; season with salt, black pepper, and more Aleppo pepper and lemon juice, if desired.
DO AHEAD: Relish can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before serving.