We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cucumber, Shallot, and Tomato Salad
In this deconstructed oil and vinegar dressing, shallots are infused with balsamic vinegar to add a tangy pungency when served whole atop crisp cucumber slices. This recipe comes to us from Lindsay from Cook. Lover.
See all salad recipes.
- 1/4 Cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 Cup baby spinach
- 1 large cucumber, sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Calories Per Serving151
Folate equivalent (total)61µg15%
Cucumber Tomato Salad
Every summer growing up our family would host lots of BBQs and summer cookouts. Of course hot dogs, burgers, grilled chicken and spicy pepper steak were staples. But one of the things that I looked forward to the most was my mom’s Cucumber Tomato Salad.
The way that mom would traditionally make this salad was to dice tomatoes, cucumbers and red onions. Then she would pour Italian dressing over the top and let the the whole salad marinate for a few hours in the refrigerator.
Can I just say that the time that I had to wait for that salad to marinate always seemed to drag on FOREVER? I would constantly be reaching into the bowl in the fridge stealing bites and hoping it was ready. And as much as I liked sneaking those bites, it is really best to wait. Cucumber Tomato Salad is honestly better the longer that it has to set.
Over the years I have made this cucumber tomato salad my own by making a few small changes.
Cucumber tomato salad recipe
To make cucumber and tomato salad, combine quartered cherry tomatoes, salt and sugar in a medium bowl toss to combine. Set aside for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, transfer the mixture to a salad spinner and spin until the seed and excess liquid have been removed during the spinning as needed. Return the tomatoes to the bowl and set aside. If you don’t have a salad spinner, you can put the tomatoes in a bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap and shake the bowl to remove the excess seeds and liquid.
Strain the tomato liquid through a fine mesh strainer into a liquid measuring cup, pressing to extract as much liquid as possible.
Combine up to 1/2 of a cup of the tomato liquid with the garlic, oregano, shallot and vinegar in a small saucepan set over medium heat. Reduce the mixture by simmering on the stove for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature. Whisk in oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Add cucumber, feta, dressing and parsley to the bowl with the tomatoes. Toss gently and serve.
We eat salad as a main dish or side dish for every single dinner during the summer. Try this cucumber tomato and feta salad for dinner or try one of our other favorite summer salad recipes below.
How to Make This Recipe
Start by making the Best-Ever Italian Vinaigrette. Trust me when I say this stuff is better than anything you’ll find at the store!
To a mason jar or bowl add scant 1 cup neutral-tasting oil like canola or avocado (EVOO will overpower the flavor of the dressing – I used organic canola,) 1/4 cup white wine vinegar, 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar, 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon dried minced onions, 1 clove minced garlic, 1 teaspoon each honey and salt, 1/4 teaspoon each dried marjoram and dried oregano, and pepper to taste. Shake or whisk to combine. You can make this up to a couple of weeks in advance, by the way!
Next add 2 small cucumbers that have been peeled, deseeded, and chopped to a bowl with 4 vine-ripened tomatoes that have been seeded and chopped, and 1/2 cup loosely packed basil that’s been chopped. My favorite method for deseeding cucumbers is to slice in half lengthwise then use a teaspoon or other small spoon to scrape out the seeds. Super quick and easy.
Drizzle on as much Best-Ever Italian Vinaigrette as you wish then toss with a bit more salt and pepper.
Either pop in the refrigerator until dinnertime or serve right away to enjoy the BEST fresh flavors of summertime!
Tomato and Cucumber Salad
The hot weather is upon us here in Texas, and that has me craving easy, no-cook side dishes like this Tomato and Cucumber Salad. It couldn’t be any easier to make, and you will absolutely love the delicious parmesan garlic dressing!
It’s only the start of June, and we have already had temps reaching into the high nineties here. I feel like we didn’t really get to enjoy Spring, and then bam, hello Summer! That’s Texas for ya. We recently moved during some of those hot days, so that was fun. Ha!
It’s important to have nice and sweet tomatoes for a dish like this Tomato and Cucumber Salad. Trader Joe’s had some really good looking containers of the organic mixed medley cherry tomatoes last Sunday, and they were just perfect. You can just use all red tomatoes, but I do like the contrast of colors with the medley.
When the cherry tomatoes are looking good, I love to make all kinds of these salads. If you are as big of them as I am, I have another Tomato Cucumber Salad recipe that’s super tasty as well.
Recipe: Tasty A Summery Lemon Taste! Cucumber and Tomato Salad in Sesame Seed Vinaigrette
A Summery Lemon Taste! Cucumber and Tomato Salad in Sesame Seed Vinaigrette. Serve a slice of summer with a tomato and cucumber salad. The vinaigrette is made with salty soy sauce, but berfore serving, sprinkle a pinch of flaky sea salt to add texture to the fresh tomatoes. Arrange tomato and cucumber slices on a platter.
Pour the cumin oil into a large bowl and add the shallot, lemon juice and. Asian Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad with a tangy vinaigrette dressing is a fresh, healthy, and tasty side dish. Chock-full of delicious flavor and texture! ↓↓↓↓↓↓ RECIPE BELOW. You can have A Summery Lemon Taste! Cucumber and Tomato Salad in Sesame Seed Vinaigrette using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of A Summery Lemon Taste! Cucumber and Tomato Salad in Sesame Seed Vinaigrette
- Prepare 3 of Cucumbers.
- Prepare 2 large of Tomatoes.
- You need of Lemon-flavored sesame seed vinaigrette.
- Prepare 3 of to 4 tablespoons ☆ Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of to 2 teaspoons ☆ Lemon juice (Pokka Lemon is okay).
- You need 1 tbsp of ☆ Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of and 1/2 to 2 tablespoons ☆ Sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ☆ Salt.
- Prepare 1 of generous amount ☆ Ground white sesame seeds.
More information This recipe is great to take to picnics or just a family barbecue. See more ideas about Recipes, Cooking recipes, Salad recipes. A recipe for a refreshing salad: Paper-thin slices of cucumber and red onion are seasoned with dill, garlic, salt, and sugar, then tossed with chopped avocado and red wine vinegar. By GrapeJuiceMama Israeli Tomato and Cucumber Salad Lemon Vinaigrette tossed with loads of fresh dill, cucumber, sweet onion and tender leafy lettuce makes the most perfect side salad.
A Summery Lemon Taste! Cucumber and Tomato Salad in Sesame Seed Vinaigrette instructions
- Slice the cucumbers into thin rounds and rub with salt. Squeeze out moisture from the cucumbers..
- Chop the tomatoes into 1.5 cm cubes..
- Combine the ☆ ingredients and prepare the lemon sesame seed vinaigrette..
- Toss the cucumbers and tomatoes with the vinaigrette from Step 3..
- For another cucumber and tomato recipe, try this! "Namul Style Cucumber and Tomato with Sesame Oil,"..
The dressing is fresh, easy and delicious … and you likely have everything you need on hand! This salad with Lemon Vinaigrette is a salad we always grew up eating. If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other fantastic side dish salad recipes: Whisk water, vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl until smooth add cucumbers, tomatoes, and onion and stir to coat. The vinaigrette dressing in this recipe is a simple mixture of rice vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, and salt which rounds up the flavors beautifully. I've also used on occasion lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper with equally delicious results.
Why this salad is so good
- So tasty: This salad is so good and always gets great feedback from our guests. Crunchy and bursting with flavor.
- Easy: Takes just a few ingredients to make. Ones you may have handy at all times and no need to run to the store to grab any weird ingredients.
- Healthy: They aren&rsquot just so good, but so healthy too! Fresh veggies and simple and healthy ingredients to make the dressing.
Tomato Cucumber Salad
This refreshing Tomato and Cucumber Salad features a white balsamic vinaigrette dressing. It makes a tasty side salad during the hot Summer months. Super easy and only takes a few minutes to make! Using a mixed medley of cherry tomatoes also makes for a very pretty presentation.
I can’t seem to get enough of these pretty cherry tomatoes lately! Super easy side dishes like this Tomato Cucumber Salad are perfect for the warmer Spring and Summer months. They are so nice and light, which is just what you want when it’s one hundred degrees outside. Seriously, the heat index was 109° here in DFW yesterday.
Tomato salads are incredibly versatile, which is one reason I love them so much. You can create all kinds of variations of it, depending on what else you are serving. From Mexican to Italian, you can create a salad to compliment your meal. If you’re looking a delicious tomato salad with a bit of a kick, be sure to check out my Spicy Marinated Tomatoes recipe.
Cucumbers were one of my favorite veggies as a kid, and I still love them. I especially love English cucumbers. I partially peeled the cucumbers, but you could peel all of it or none of it if you prefer. I just think that the partially peeled ones look pretty in this Tomato Cucumber Salad. I basically just ran a vegetable peeler down the length of the cucumber, removing half the peel.
If you can’t find the mixed medley of cherry tomatoes, you can certainly use all red. Trader Joe’s has had the organic ones lately, so I’ve been buying those. I just love how pretty the medley of tomatoes looks with the green cucumbers!
Patrick Rebholz's Ranch Cucumber & Tomato Salad
1 small red beet, peeled and roughly chopped
¼ cup plus 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
2½ Tbsp. granulated sugar
1½ Tbsp. kosher salt
5 medium shallots, thinly sliced
4 English cucumbers, sliced into half-moons
12 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. ranch dressing mix (from 1 [1-oz.] envelope)
1 tsp. black pepper
1. Place beet, 1¾ cups water, vinegar, sugar and salt in a medium saucepan bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium simmer until beet is tender when pierced with a fork, about 25 minutes.
2. Transfer beet with cooking liquid to a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape) secure lid on blender, and place a clean towel over opening in lid to prevent splatters. Process until smooth, about 20 seconds. Strain and discard solids allow strained beet mixture to cool slightly.
3. Place shallots in a bowl pour cooled beet mixture over. Cover, and let stand at room temperature at least 2 hours, or cover and refrigerate up to 1 week.
4. Toss together cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, olive oil, ranch dressing mix and pepper in a large bowl until coated. Top with pickled shallots, and serve.
Active time: 30 minutes
Total time: 3 hours (includes pickling time)
How to make cucumber tomato salad
- Combine fresh diced cucumber, quartered cherry tomatoes, diced red onions and freshly chopped mint in a large bowl.
- Tip #1: If fresh mint can't be found, freeze-dried mint is a great back up.
- Tip #2: If cherry tomatoes can't be found, diced roma tomatoes can be used in their place. The most important thing is that the tomatoes are ripe. Ripe tomatoes should be slightly tender when touched and bright red in color.
Watch the video: TOMATO CUCUMBER SALAD (May 2022).