We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
This quick and easy Tuscan Chicken Pasta Skillet is a one-pot noodle dish made with simple, yet flavorful ingredients. It’s the perfect easy weekday meal!
Photography Credit:Jessica Gavin
Who doesn’t love dinner made all in one pot, with minimal mess? No one! This Tuscan Chicken Pasta Skillet recipe will satisfy your Italian food cravings and your desire for a quick and easy meal.
Typically, the noodles and chicken are cooked in different pans, then tossed together right before serving—but for this dish, I layer the flavors and make the whole meal in one skillet! It’s magical and makes mealtime so much easier.
An Easy-Peasy One-Pot Dinner
The chicken is marinated with olive oil and Italian seasonings for maximum flavor on the surface. It’s seared until golden brown, then sliced. The dried pasta, minced garlic, and tomatoes are cooked in the same pan with boiling water. In just a short time, the noodles become al dente, and the tomatoes burst to create a vibrant sauce to lightly coat the pasta.
Brined pantry staples like artichoke hearts and Kalamata olives add a burst of pungent flavor right before serving. Toss them with the pasta, Parmesan cheese, and herbs, and dinner is ready!
You’ll be delighted to see how quickly the dish comes together for an uncomplicated, gourmet meal.
WHAT’S THE BEST PASTA TO USE?
Long, slender noodles like spaghetti or linguine work best. The sauce is light, so the size of those noodles is perfect for soaking up the tasty olive oil infused tomato sauce, without overpowering the dish. I love twirling the noodles and grabbing little bites of all the ingredients in one forkful!
This one pot pasta cooking method makes it easy to adjust the doneness of the noodles. Four cups of water for a half pound of dried pasta yields an al dente texture. However, more water can be added as needed, a half cup at a time if you want the noodles to be softer.
SWAPS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is so easy to adapt to your own personal tastes. Personally, I love the delightfully briny, pungent taste marinated artichoke hearts and Kalamata olives bring to the pasta, but really, almost anything goes. Try any of these ideas:
- Slice up summer squash and let it simmer along with the tomatoes.
- Toss small pieces of asparagus spears in for the last four to five minutes of cooking.
- For cheese, swap Parmesan for Pecorino Romano to add a stronger nuttiness.
- Use fresh mini mozzarella balls for an antipasti vibe.
- Basil and parsley are my go-to herbs for Italian dishes, but some fresh oregano would also be lovely.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CHICKEN PASTA SKILLET
This one pot meal delivers protein, vegetables, and carbs all in one bowl. Serve it with some of these favorites:
- Warm crusty no-knead bread
- Fresh baked make ahead dinner rolls
- Fresh green salad with a bright vinaigrette
- Caesar salad
MORE GREAT SKILLET DINNERS
- Italian Skillet Chicken with Tomatoes, Spinach and Onions
- Skillet Chicken Parmesan
- Pasta Skillet with Chicken Sausage, Cheese, and Spinach
- Skillet Chicken Thighs with Potatoes, Carrots, and Greens
- Valerie Brunmeier’s Cheesy Taco Pasta Skillet
- Butternut Squash and Black Bean Skillet Dinner
Tuscan Chicken Pasta Skillet Recipe
For the marinade:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
For the dinner:
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes (about 2 cups), halved
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup quartered marinated artichokes hearts, drained
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 6 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
1 Marinate the chicken: In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and Italian seasoning. Cut each chicken breast lengthwise to create 4 long, thin pieces. Place chicken in a shallow dish. Pour marinade over the chicken, turn to evenly coat. Let sit for 15 minutes before cooking.
2 Cook the chicken: Heat a large high-sided skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken. Cook until the chicken is golden brown and fully cooked, about 6 to 8 minutes per side.
Transfer chicken to a cutting board to rest while cooking the pasta.
3 Cook the pasta: Add tomatoes, garlic, spaghetti, 4 cups water, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to the skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cook and stir frequently, until the pasta is tender and water has mostly evaporated—about 9 to 11 minutes. You want to have a small amount of water in the pan to create a light sauce.
Add more water if needed, 1/2 cup at a time for a softer pasta. Turn off the heat.
4 Finish and toss: Cut the chicken into 1/4-inch thick slices. Add the artichoke hearts, olives, Parmesan cheese, sliced chicken, and basil. Toss to combine. If you'd like a thicker sauce, you can add 1 or 2 tablespoons of butter. Taste and season with more salt and pepper as desired.
5 Serve: Garnish pasta with parsley, then divide among plates and serve warm.
Hello! All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Thank you!
Tuscan Grilled Chicken Pasta
This Tuscan chicken pasta is fast and easy, smothered in an amazingly creamy sauce.
This Tuscan chicken pasta is so flavorful, tender chicken in a creamy sauce with roasted tomatoes, garlic, and spinach. You'll want to make it again and again!
We love pasta in our house and we make it a lot. Such an easy way to mix meat and veggies into one pot. This is an easy recipe you can make any night of the week.
I have a fantastic garlic roasted tomato recipe that I use for this recipe. But you could also use a jar of sun-dried tomatoes.
This Tuscan chicken pasta recipe is a meal worthy of entertaining, or a quick weeknight meal that comes together in 30 minutes.
How to make Tuscan chicken pasta:
- Cook pasta according to package directions. While it’s cooking, prepare the sauce.
- In a medium pot or skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring the whole time. Stir in the dried basil.
- Add the cream cheese, stirring with a whisk until the mixture is smooth. It will look curdled at first, but with constant whisking for 2-3 minutes, it will become a smooth creamy paste. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Keep cooking over medium heat and add the milk and whisk quickly and constantly until it is blended into the sauce. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, pepper and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring until the cheese is melted and the sauce is the desired consistency, 5-10 minutes.
- Serve over hot, cooked noodles. I put my chicken on top, or you can mix it in.
Related Article: An entire pan of homemade breadsticks done in 45 minutes! Check out our Sheet Pan Garlic Breadsticks for a delicious side dish!
Creamy Italian Chicken & Pasta Skillet
On the weekdays, I live for one-pot wonders like this! I love just being able to throw it all in one pan, mix up a quick salad for the side, and sit down to dinner without much fuss. Dinner is so much more delicious when you’re not spending it thinking about all the dishes that need to be done!This scrumptious skillet meal, made with Kraft’s delicious Zesty Italian Anything Dressing, was super easy and a huge hit with my hubby. I use this dressing as the base for lots of delicious meals and since I very first learned to cook, it’s been a staple in my kitchen! The dressing is tangy and robust, with fabulous flavor from the vinegar, red peppers, onions and garlic… perfect for easily adding a bit of zest to salads or skillet dishes like this!
Into a pan to sizzle in the dressing goes your chicken, onions, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, artichokes and some seasonings. After bubbling and simmering, toss in cream cheese and give it a good stir. Your favorite pasta goes right in and cooks in the sauce (oh, yeah baby!), and once it’s done just sprinkle with fresh parsley or basil – voila!
What You&rsquoll Need to Make the Tuscan Chicken Pasta
If you would like to make the Tuscan Chicken Pasta, you will need to have the following ingredients in your kitchen:
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast. It is always best to use chicken breast without the skin or bone when preparing this pasta dish.
- Penne Pasta. The penne pasta adds a great touch to the dish and holds onto the flavor of other ingredients quite well.
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes. Adding sun-dried tomatoes to the dish will add that slightly acidic punch that enhances the flavor.
- Red Chili Flakes. The chili flakes are a great way to kick it up a notch without making the dish too spicy.
- Italian Seasoning. When making the Tuscan Chicken Pasta, you need to use Italian Seasoning to add flavor to both the chicken and the pasta.
- Parmesan Cheese. Give the dish an added cheesy touch by sprinkling some parmesan cheese on top of it.
- Heavy Cream. The heavy cream brings all the ingredients together and provides the perfect base for the pasta.
Not only will you need these ingredients, but you will also need several others, including black pepper, olive oil, chopped onions, garlic cloves, butter, baby spinach, fresh basil, and salt.
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken cut into bite-sized pieces (you can use whatever pieces you like)
3 tablespoons olive oil or cooking oil
4 tablespoons butter or 1/2 stick or 1/4 cup
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and mashed.
1 small onion, coarsely chopped
1 large green pepper, coarsely chopped (can use orange or red or a combination of all three)
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
hot sauce or pinch of cayenne, optional
1 1/2 cups mini penne pasta, uncooked or pasta of your choice
1/2 to 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Fresh parsley for garnish, optional
Melt butter in a large skillet with olive oil. Brown chicken pieces along with garlic, onion and peppers. Add the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, salt, black pepper, oregano, cumin and cayenne. Cook on medium to low heat for 20 minutes, uncovered. Stir a couple times during cooking. Add the pasta, cover and cook 10 more minutes or until pasta is done. Remove from heat and sprinkle on parmesan cheese and parsley. Makes 6 to 8 servings. Enjoy!
Tuscan Chicken Pasta
I am excited for recipes I am sharing this week. This is my 3rd year that I am partnering with Dreamfields for #HealthyPastaMonth. The first year I made an easy Weeknight Lasagna recipe. Ready quickly, a little bit lighter than your traditional lasagna.
Last year I made Blackened Shrimp Pasta. Homemade seasoning mix, juicy shrimp, and a great sauce. This year I am back with 2 recipes! Today I have a mussels and pasta recipe for you! Stay tuned on Friday for another delicious and easy pasta recipe
I am a sucker for chicken pasta recipes. There is just something about that them make me happy. And when they are made with Dreamfields pasta, I don’t have to feel nearly as guilty eating them!
Dreamfields has the taste and al dente texture of traditional pasta, yet each one cup cooked serving of pasta has 5 grams of fiber (20% of the daily recommended intake) and 7 grams of plant protein. So you can make something a little creamy and still enjoy it!
Want to know how they get their delicious pasta to be a little better for you? Dreamfields unique recipe contains inulin, a prebiotic fiber sourced from chicory root, which helps promote healthy digestion. Plus they come in all sorts of shapes Elbows, Penne Rigate, Rigatoni, Angel Hair, Spaghetti, Linguine, and Lasagna. So you can use them in pretty much every pasta recipe you can think of.
This creamy Tuscan chicken pasta uses a handful of simple ingredients like chicken, mushrooms, tomatoes, garlic and half and half. Stuff you can have in your pantry or fridge at all times. So on a busy need night, you can throw this creamy pasta recipe together in no time!
To top off Healthy Pasta Month, Dreamfields has an awesome GIVEAWAY as well! They are giving away Wusthof 18-piece Gourmet Cutlery Set and a Dreamfields Family Pack. There are TWO winners, so be sure to head on over and enter!
Keep checking the Dreamfields #HealthyPastaMonth calendar for daily surprises
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be the first to review this recipe
You can rate this recipe by giving it a score of one, two, three, or four forks, which will be averaged out with other cooks' ratings. If you like, you can also share your specific comments, positive or negative - as well as any tips or substitutions - in the written review space.
© 2021 Condé Nast. All rights reserved.
The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast.
How to make creamy Tuscan chicken
- Cook chicken: In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Once heated, add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked though. Once cooked transfer to a plate set aside.
- Saute the sauteables: In the same skillet, add the saved sun-dried tomato oil and heat over medium heat. Next, add the onion and let cook for about 5 minutes until softened or translucent. Add the garlic and let it cook for about 30 seconds until aromatic. Then, add the sun-dried tomatoes and let cook for an additional 1 minute. Finally, add the spinach and cook until it begins to wilt – about 1 – 2 minutes.
- Bring to a boil: Stir in the half and half cream, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper and bring everything to a boil.
- Simmer: Once at a boil, bring the heat down and allow the dish to simmer, while stirring in the parmesan cheese until the sauce thickens.
- Serve: Add the chicken back to the skillet and cook for an additional minute until it has heated through. Spoon the sauce over the chicken, garnish with basil, and serve any way you wish!
It seems odd to be breaking these recipes out in the summer but I had just recently gotten the EVOO oil, wanted desperately to use it and we had the craving so we did it anyway and it turned out amazing!
We have a Tuscan Salmon recipe too that is identical but we swapped out the protein. OMG.
1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
1/2 Jar Sundried Tomatoes, drained from oil and chopped
6 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1-2 Tsp. Oil from the Jar of Sun-dried Tomatoes
Season the chicken thighs with salt, pepper and garlic powder, both sides of the chicken. In a large skillet, melt the butter, add in 1/2 of the tuscan oil and and the sun-dried oil then add in the seasoned chicken.
Cook chicken, flipping half way through, about 20-25 minutes total until the chicken has browned nicely and has reached an internal temperature of 165F degrees.
Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside on a plate. Using the same pan, add in the garlic to the pan and fry until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add in the oregano and sun-dried tomatoes as well as the remaining tuscan oil. Add salt, pepper or garlic powder as needed to get the desired flavoring.
Slowly add in the cream and the parmesan cheese and allow to simmer about 3-4 minutes. Add in the spinach and allow to simmer a few more minutes or until the spinach is properly wilted.
Add the chicken back in, reheat about 3-5 minutes then garnish with fresh parsley and serve with rice or pasta!